Fall has arrived, and many of us are looking forward to spending time in our warm kitchens, making our favorite seasonal treats for ourselves and our loved ones. Flavors like pumpkin, sweet potato, cranberry, and warm spices all make us feel cozier as the temperature gets lower the nights get darker.
Sativa Remedy has got some delicious recipes that are perfect for this celebrated time of year. Of course, in our eyes, no recipe is complete without using some CBD oil. Yes, CBD oil offers a particularly tasty and seasonal way to get in that daily serving of hemp while treating yourself to something incredibly appetizing.
Apple Cider Donuts
There are so many baked apple treats to try, but one of them that really hits the palate is apple cider donuts. These baked delights are a fantastic way to bring the smell and vibes of autumn into any kitchen.
- 1 ¾ cup/225 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup/225 grams unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- ¾ cup/165 grams light brown sugar
- ¾ cup/150 grams granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup/120 milliliters apple cider
- 2 drops of natural CBD oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 (6-cavity) doughnut pans (or a 12-cup muffin tin) with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk to combine.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream 10 tablespoons/140 grams butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup/50 grams granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well blended after each addition, scraping the bowl as necessary.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- With the mixer running, add the apple cider in a slow, steady stream along with 2 drops of CBD oil and mix to combine. Scrape the bowl well to make sure the batter is homogeneous.
- Spoon the batter into prepared doughnut pans, filling them about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake until evenly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the thickest portion comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Rotate the pans halfway through baking.
- While the doughnuts bake, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup/100 grams granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a small bowl to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, melt the remaining 6 tablespoons butter in the microwave.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes after baking, then unmold them from the pans, brush with the melted butter and dredge them in the cinnamon sugar while they are still warm.
- Serve immediately or let cool to room temperature.
Easy Pumpkin Pie
Perhaps the most popular fall dessert is pumpkin pie, which celebrates the seasonal fruit while offering its flavor in the most decadent form of all. This pumpkin pie gives you a nice helping of CBD with each and every bite, while being incredibly easy to make.
- 1 pre-made 12-ounce pie crust
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice blend (or equal parts ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 15-oz can of pureed pumpkin
- 1 ¼ cups evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 droppers of your favorite CBD oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the piecrust.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Then, with the pie still in the oven, bring the temperature down to 350 degrees.
- Bake for another 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the filling comes out clean.
Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies
Nothing beats the taste of a cookie. And, during the fall season, pumpkin cookies are where it’s at. These tasty, baked delights are great for any Fall occasion and go great with a nice cold glass of milk.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup of pure pumpkin mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 drop of CBD oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and CBD oil until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Combine sifted powdered sugar, milk, tablespoon butter, and remaining teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies and serve.
Sweet Potato and Sage Biscuits
Sweet potato is another beloved component of an autumn harvest, and nothing glorifies them more than these tasty sweet potato biscuits which incorporate fresh sage to give them an added aromatic kick. Serve them with butter at your dinner table and watch them disappear before your very eyes.
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup shortening, chilled to be cold
- 3 droppers of your favorite CBD oil
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 3 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the shortening into the bowl, along with the CBD oil.
- Use your fingers to break up the shortening into smaller pieces until you end up with a sandy texture with the appearance of crumbs.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the milk, CBD oil, sweet potato and sage.
- Next, add this slowly to the other ingredients until the mixture just comes together.
- Roll out the dough until you have a sheet that’s ½ inch thick.
- Then, use a biscuit cutter to cut out each individual biscuit.
- Place every biscuit onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden-brown.
Mashed Butternut Squash
Because you can never have too much pumpkin during the fall season, we’ve incorporated CBD into a classic pumpkin butter recipe that can let you get your pumpkin fix all day long. Spread this on bread, crackers, muffins, oatmeal – whatever will hit the spot as those cravings kick in.
- 2 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, or as desired
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 droppers of your favorite CBD oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pierce butternut squash skin with a small knife and place cut-side down in a baking dish; pour in enough water for a depth of 1/2 inch.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender for about an hour.
- Scoop squash into a bowl.
- Add the CBD oil, 3/4 cup sour cream, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Mash mixture using a potato masher or fork until smooth.
Top it off with parsley and a tablespoon of sour cream.