WHAT WE KNOW
On July 19th 2023, the New York State Office of Cannabis Management voted to enact an emergency order requiring all hemp products to contain no more than a 1:15 ratio of THC to CBD, as well as setting a maximum of:
- 1mg of THC per serving, or
- 10mg of THC per package.
- Read full emergency regulations here.
This emergency order effectively bans all hemp-derived delta-9 products from being manufactured or sold in NYS and is effective immediately once the order has been filed in the NYS Register.
Read the NYS OCM Emergency Hemp Regulations Statement here.
UPDATE July 29th 2023
- NYS Office of Cannabis Management sent a notification that these EMERGENCY REGULATIONS have been published.
- Read full notification here. Notice of Filing Emergency Regulations: Part 114 (Cannabinoid Hemp)
WHAT CAN BE DONE TO HELP
If you’d like to help push back on this emergency rule, you can make your voice heard either by:
- Contacting OCM directly by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Contacting OCM directly by calling them at 1-866-697-4367.
- Contacting your local lawmakers and urging them to ask OCM to reverse this decision.
Please make your voice heard and share your story with the Office of Cannabis Management and your local lawmakers.
SIGN THE PETITION
- Make your voice here and help us by signing the petition.
- STOP THE BAN ON FULL-SPECTRUM HEMP PRODUCTS.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR SATIVA REMEDY
If these regulations move forward, it has the potential to eliminate access to affordable hemp THC and CBD products that you, and millions more like you, rely on every day for overall wellness. Any hemp product containing more than 1MG of THC would have restricted access and be difficult to sell in the state of New York.
- Once the emergency order has been filed in the NYS Register, Sativa Remedy will no longer be allowed to sell a large portion of our currently offered inventory.
- We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disruption these hemp regulations may cause.
- As a hemp cannabinoid licensee, Sativa Remedy is responsible for maintaining compliance with any regulations put forth by the NYS Office of Cannabis Management.
- These emergency hemp regulations have been published in the NYS Register. As of July 29th, 2023 – Sativa Remedy will be phasing out all of our hemp-derived THC product.
SEE BELOW FOR A FULL LIST OF ALL DISCONTINUED ITEMS!